Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Breastmilk Donation

This probably is only a big deal to ame, but is donated about 150 oz of breast milk yesterday! I didn't actually have time to make a final count.  I had been working up to pumping 3-5 extra ounces a day but all the snow days killed any progress I'd made in bolstering my supply so I emailed the girl I was donating to and said I would get the 100-200 oz she wanted but after that I wasn't going to make donating a priority because it was stressing me out to try to make that much extra milk--especially when I only work part time so I only need to pump 1-2 times a day for my son.  Once I lifted that pressure, though, I started making a bit more milk!  I stopped counting my donation at 120oz, but kept adding to it weekly.  In all, it represents 4 months of work! I wish I could do more, but between my job and the kids, there's never enough time for an extra pumping session.  In any case, one little girl has a week or two worth of my milk.  Actually, I don't really know how long this would last.  My son drinks 5-10 oz when I'm gone in the am, but I don't actually know how much he drinks in a day... 

In any case, here it is: my donation, pulled straight from my deep freezer before I drove 30 seconds to where I delivered it.  :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment