Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

34 Weeks





https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/481877_10151359026591599_1216372881_n.jpg


I finally had some sugar (and chocolate) this week and it's not all it's cracked up to be.  I feel better if I stick to the low carb diet--other than the fruit restriction which I am now ignoring.

My acid reflux is back.  I switched back to Protonix yesterday.  I wonder if I'm just going to have to keep switching between Zantac and Protonix for the duration of this pregnancy.

I'm starting to feel really big and it's getting harder to move around, especially getting out of bed at night or rolling over. Every time I get out of bed during the middle of the night, the exertion causes a contraction.  However, the number of Braxton Hicks has gone down since I recognized that their frequency was due to not enough fluid intake.

I've been having a low backache this week, that is soothed by the birthing ball.

If I skip my afternoon nap, I sleep much better at night.

I weigh 194lbs now.  My pre-pregnancy weight was 177 (7lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight for Noelle), and then I went down to 173 when the hyperemesis gravidarum got bad but if you count from my starting weight, that's only 17lbs. If you count from 173, it's 21.  Either way, it's much better than with Noelle.  I think I was onto like 40 at this point with her.  Idk.  I went up to 55lbs with her, and then lost 5 lbs the last couple weeks of the pregnancy because I started walking a lot to induce labor, started teaching, and also started throwing up more frequently because i had no more room in my stomach.  In any case, my weight gain is GOOD, though I think I'd rather have terrible weight gain and feel better :-P.

The baby weighs between 5 and 6 lbs according to my midwife.  I feel that this is really big, but she says it's right on target and doesn't think he'll get as large as Noelle got.  She also says his head is not just down, but far down into my pelvis.

As I stated earlier, I seem to continue to need to eat low carbs, except I've added lots of watermelon, cherries, and strawberries.

Seltzer water has been making me gassy.  It's a double-edged sword.  I can stomach it better than plain water, but it doesn't always help.  So, if I drink it, I get more fluids down but have gas which is sometimes painful, if I drink regular water, I don't feel so well when it goes down and I don't drink as much, but I feel better later.

The baby's started getting hiccups regularly again.  They'd stopped for like a month or two there.

I'm finally able to start working on his room.  We painted over all the flowers on his dresser (formerly his sister's dresser) which means I was able to start sorting through his clothes.  It won't take much more to get the nursery all ready for him--a carpet clean, pulling up all the baby gear from the basement, and sewing some curtains, the latter of which I plan on doing this weekend.  We'll probably buy another shelf for his closet, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment