Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

42 weeks old





He has the sweetest disposition! This is nothing new, but I don't mention it often.  He's just such a happy guy! People comment on his joyful response to outer stimuli all the time.  It's so sweet!  (This crib thing only worked, btw, because his sister was in there with him.)




He's been biting a lot lately.  It started with just biting clothes and then biting the skin under the clothes by accident and then extended to more purposeful biting while nursing which he hadn't done in a LONG time.  He's getting time outs for any biting of humans because he just giggles and smiles when I say, "No."  We're working on "No bite!" now.

He does this exaggerated eye-blinking thing.  I'm not sure if it's a game or what.

Daddy says he's playing peekaboo more with him.


If he wakes up in the middle of the night to nurse, he's just extremely excited when he's done and dances and giggles all around the bed while kicking us, tickling us, grabbing whatever he can,  and rolling everywhere. This started after Easter with the in-laws.  We can't co-sleep with him for this reason.  (This picture was taken during nap time, not night time. He still falls asleep on me for nap time--that is when he actually falls asleep)


He's still only 20 lbs.  He's maybe a tiny bit behind on motor development.  I think it's because he prefers to be held and I hold him all the time.  He's only just barely behind if at all, though.


He plays with objects with purpose--spoons, books, pounding pegs.



He's very physical.



He eats SO MUCH!





He's starting to pull himself up to his knees on me and Dave.


He viciously throws things off his high chair sometimes and not because he's mad.


He's working on his fine motor skills with the cobbler's bench.  

He CANNOT sit still for a diaper change.  He hates diaper changes.


Going on walks is his favorite thing, it seems.  He sits there perfectly still, just letting the sensory input of the moving stroller and the passing scenery envelop him.  He almost looks like he's in a trance! He's so quiet and still on walks that I routinely stop and check on him and then he looks up at me like, "What?  Why'd we stop?"



He had his first Easter.  The in-laws came over the Saturday before for a bonfire and we had our own Easter celebration by ourselves on Sunday.  

Baby Bear likes to brush his teeth and when I say brush his teeth, I really mean chew on the suction cup at the bottom of his toothbrush.

He's begun kicking and manipulating the shade on his infant seat.  We really need to graduate him up a size.

Bear's Easter basket--it had two chewable books and a rubber frog in it.  I think that was it...

My kiddos in their Sunday best!



Bear and Bunny each had their own egg hunt.  I went with Bunny.  Daddy was supposed to take pictures of Bear's hunt but didn't.  Bear just got this one little egg! Sweet boy!


We took some family portraits at the church.

Then we went home and did our own egg hunt.  He got all the blue eggs and he didn't hunt for them.  We just gave him a pile of them.  And they were empty.  Of course.




He just hates his pack n play.   Whether I put him in there for recreational purposes or because he bit me and needed a timeout (last photo), it's just his least favorite thing in the world and boy does he let me know it!


Fun times at the park with his sister. 

He likes the new teething necklace I bought. 


Daddy found a creative way to keep him safe and eat his cereal.
Me and my little man on Easter morning. 

With his grandpa at our bonfire the night before Easter.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment