Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

12 Weeks



He likes the car windows open when we're driving.  That seems to help calm him down when if he's screaming--sometimes.


The car rides have actually been better now that he can accurately place things in his mouth.  I stick a toy in both hands when we get in the car and it seems to keep him happy more of the time.


He's starting to get some bald spots on the sides of his head.


He's got some eczema.  It started on his thighs and now he has some on his back as well.  I'm treating it with coconut oil once every day or two.


There are a couple of days here where he's really having trouble staying asleep at nap time and bed time unless held.  He is also nursing more which may mean another growth spurt.



I don't know how much he weighs right now but he's suddenly HUGE again! I'm thinking he's at 14.5 or 15 pounds now.  That would be my guess anyway.


I decided to take off the teething bracelet halfway through the week--at least temporarily.  He's so fussy that I'm not convinced that it's working.  Then I put it back on because he was so fussy I figured that it couldn't hurt.  Then, we lost it and he seems to have gone a night and half a day without it and he wasn't able to sleep on his own that day.  Coincidence?  Maybe, but after diligent searching of the church, calling the restaurant where we'd eaten, and turning the house upside down, I found it when I stopped looking.


He purposely grabbed a toy on his own for the first time.  We were sitting to dinner--Noelle, he, and I--and he was on my lap when he grabbed the plastic links he always likes to play with when he's in the high chair.


Naptime in his crib.


Now he's capable of putting things into his mouth and mostly keeping them there which is good since his teething behavior seems to warrant it, though he still has no tooth buds yet.

I laid him on the grass for a moment and where his bare skin touched it he had tiny little scratches.  I'm sure it's not the case, but it makes me wonder if he is allergic. I hope  not.  I wouldn't know how to deal with a child with allergies.



Sometimes, babywearing is the only thing (or the quickest thing) that will calm him down.

Have I mentioned how excited he is to be naked???  Especially on the changing table??? Yeah, it's his favorite thing ever.






Bunny adores him.


He made a little visit to my school with Bunny and I



Rocking, sucking, and being held tightly are currently the successful methods for getting him to sleep for naptime or bedtime.  Also, nursing helps if he is both truly tired and hungry.

He's catching up to Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment