Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

24 Weeks

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/601988_10151266296621599_1687152605_n.jpg
I actually look pregnant this week.  

I've been queasy every evening. 

My daughter's been REALLY into My Little Pony so we've been snuggling on the easy chair together every evening and watching an episode or two--depending on how queasy I am and how little I feel like moving to get her ready for bed.  Honestly, it's just easier to wait until her Daddy comes home to let him do it.  He gets home between 8 and 9pm most evenings.  I know it's terrible to let her stay up that late but I have two reasons for it: 1) I'm just not feeling well and 2) She gets to see a little more of her Daddy this way.  Usually, she doesn't go to bed right away if she stays up til he goes home because we don't want her to equate his arrival with bedtime.  We want them to get to play together.  

I've been painting Noelle's room and I feel better when I do it.  I just keep a cup of seltzer water on hand and put my iPhone on either the audio Bible or my iTunes and paint away.  

We bought the Sodastream machine--it lets you carbonate your water at home and it cost us about $80 but it will be less money in the long run because I was drinking so much Perrier and San Pellegrino that it was killing our grocery budget.  Now, we have to replace the C2O every 10 days or so which means that we have to add about $15 to our grocery budget.  That's less than the $30 per week we were looking at.  Since buying the Sodastream, I've been hydrated well for the first time all pregnancy.  My pee is no longer dark and/or cloudy, I'm peeing more often, and sometimes it's clear. 

My libido has been stronger all pregnancy.   With Bunny we didn't even have sex once a month but with the little Buddy I'd do it a couple of times a week if we saw each other that often.  This is just another one of my pregnancy suspicions come true.  I was convinced that women pregnant with boys gained less weight and enjoyed sex more and so far both have been true for me.  

I actually got sick!  Not pregnant sick but like really sick.  I got some sort of respiratory thing--a mild cold perhaps.  It wasn't that awful as colds go, but not something I enjoyed dealing with pregnant.  That disproved another pregnancy theory I had--that I couldn't get sick while pregnant because my immune system is so strong.  Still, in two pregnancies, that's the only time I got sick despite frequent exposure to germs and it passed very quickly, so I think my immune system might just be a little stronger during these 9 months. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment